Incredibly simple to use, incredible results and an incredibly low price – that’s the irresistible new D40. With perfect pictures at the touch of a button and a huge 2.5-in screen to enjoy them on, the D40 is simply Nikon at its best.
- Quality design, build and results: Nikon means quality, and that’s exactly what you get with the D40. Using the same professional quality technology as the acclaimed Nikon D80, including 3D Colour Matrix Metering II, high-precision image-processing algorithms and image-optimising features, you know your pictures will be a cut above the rest.
- 6.0 Megapixels: The generous six megapixel resolution gives you pin-sharp images even with huge A3 prints!
- 2.5 frames per second shooting: Take up to 100 action shots at approx. 2.5 frames per second using Contiuous Shooting Mode.
- 2.5-inch LCD screen: Using the D40’s superb features is easy, thanks to the huge 2.5-inch screen, which displays full shooting information and handy access to all your image settings – you can even personalise the display.
- Combat design: Weighing in at less than 500g (ex-battery), it’s light enough to carry anywhere, yet solid enough to stand up to tough conditions and constant use – because with a camera this good, you’ll want to take it everywhere!
- In-camera image editing: You’ll love the results from image-camera editing controls such as automatic red-eye correction and D-lighting to banish underexposure. Plus, a handy Help button provides a simple description for each selected function on the main menu – no manual required.
- Eight Dgigital Vari-program Modes: Optimum settings for a wide range of shooting situations, including Portraits, Child, Landscape, Sports, Close-up and Night Portrait.
- Four Flash Modes: Auto flash, Red-eye reduction, Slow sync and Rear curtain sync.
- i-TTL technology: Nikon’s exclusive i-TTL flash control works accurately even with reflective objects in the background. Before each shot, the camera evaluates the scene to calculate ideal lighting and with exvery picture comes a new calculation and ideal exposure.
- Retouch menu: Lets you edit and enhance your pictures easily in the camera with seveal colour filter effects, or use black-and-white or sepia tone. Simply apply to your images with even more interesting options in the menu.
- Broad ISO sensitivity range: ISO sensitivity can be set from 200 all the way to 1600, enabling beautiful images in many challenging low-light situations without using a flash.
- SD Card compatible.
- Includes a Sigma 18-55mm lens.